• Having trouble getting your confirmation email? Please check your email's SPAM folder.

Why would an insurance company not pay?

JessG

Oct 26, 2023
I was in a no fault on me accident on Wednesday morning. The young man that hit me was a minor on his uncles insurance and his insurance said they would not pay since the minor was excluded from the insurance. Why will they not pay?

The attach file is what his insurance sent me

I was also at work parked for 2 hours when accident happened he said he was backing out and was not paying attention

Attachments

• 3492.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 4
Jess I can be reached at 405 458 4272.
I may be able to assist you.

What I am Gathering From the information and your statement is, that you guys were on private property, so the police usually won't come out and determine whose fault it was or whose fault it is not. However the car that hit you if it was their fault is responsible for your damages the insurance company has sent you a letter trying to avoid paying anything and making you fight for it. Typically the insurance companies today will not just do the right thing but will make you earn it my suggestion is that you send them a demand letter or possibly hire an attorney and give them a couple of $100 to write the letter for you ultimately if it was not your fault and the other car backed into you the car's insurance is responsible them telling you that the driver was excluded just means that the owner of the car is responsible for the damages which ultimately the insurance company will have to take that up with the owner of the car.
So the owner of the car would have to file theft or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, unless he actually gave his nephew permission to operate the car. Otherwise he is responsible for the damage because the person was or had permission to drive the car. I have provided my telephone number up above if you would like to discuss further reach out to me

Upvote 0
I had a conversation with a local personal auto adjuster who was able to explain his company's position as it would apply to your scenario. He stated that their position would be to pay the claim if the other 'Excluded' driver had a valid driver's license. If he did not have a valid license, they would not pay. He went on to say that his company has taken this stance based on their experience in court. It would be great to hear from an attorney on how they would proceed with the scenario.

Upvote 0

Got a complaint?

Did your insurance professional not meet your expectations? Rank them!

Submit A Company Complaint