• Having trouble getting your confirmation email? Please check your email's SPAM folder.

Accident/Injury Slip and Fall at Walmart.

BethC

Dec 7, 2023
A year ago, my husband and I visited our local Walmart to gather Thanksgiving supplies, an errand that unexpectedly resulted in a life-changing injury. While reaching for an item on a shelf, I slipped on an unidentified substance, sustaining a severe injury to my elbow. This incident has had profound physical, psychological, and financial repercussions.

The aftermath of the fall involved enduring the pain of the injury, undergoing surgery, and navigating through rehabilitation. Even a year later, my elbow continues to ache and remain sore. Being self-employed, the injury led to a loss of work, significantly impacting our family's income during the holiday season. Additionally, my husband had to take time off from his job to care for me and our children during this challenging period.

Assuming that Walmart, being a large corporation, would have insurance to address such incidents, we were disappointed to discover that Walmart is self-insured and seemingly reluctant to assist injured customers. Our attempts to have our claim reviewed were fruitless unless we engaged a lawyer to issue a legal threat.

As it stands, our claim with Walmart has been denied. The attorney we hired expressed the opinion that Walmart would likely prevail in court, citing a lack of discernible negligence on their part. He pointed to video evidence showing that Walmart adhered to scheduled floor cleaning procedures and claimed they had no reasonable means to prevent the accident.

This situation appears inherently unjust. As a customer, I expected a clean and safe shopping environment, and I assumed that if an injury occurred on the store's premises, they would promptly address the issue. Unfortunately, it seems my expectations hold little weight when it comes to perceived negligence.

I invite anyone willing to examine my case and work towards rectifying what I believe is negligence on Walmart's part. I am open to collaborating with someone who can challenge this corporate giant and advocate for justice.

Thank you,
BethC

Attached below, you will find documents related to the incident. While I have omitted medical bills, I am willing to provide them upon request.

20221121_153428.jpg
20221121_153433.jpg

Elbow3.jpgWm1.jpgAttorney Fact Finder.1.jpgAttorney Fact Finder.2.jpgAttorney Fact Finder.3.jpgAttorney Fact Finder.4.jpgAttorney Fact Finder.5.jpg

WalmartCase.jpg

Last edited:

Got a complaint?

Did your insurance professional not meet your expectations? Rank them!

Submit A Company Complaint